yellowsn0w 0.9.6, yellowsn0w 0.9.6 has been released in Cydia and…it works! After testing out how to unlock your iPhone 3G and the other updates, this latest release has been much improved.

If you don't know how to download yellowsn0w, check the download yellowsn0w post.

UPDATES

1. Soon you'll see yellowsn0w 0.9.1 in the repos. It uses a much longer delay to let your SIM card initialize. If you have problems with 0.9.0, try this one and wait a full minute after you see homescreen, then reinsert sim card. We need both success and failure reports to tune this across the world, so please be patient (but please also report result!) As of v 0.9.4 there's no longer a one-minute delay step. If you don't see your carrier when your homescreen comes up, you may still need a sim reinsert (for now).


2. If you are in the U.S. and are trying this with T-Mobile, you must turn off the 3G switch in Settings. Also if you are good with the command line, you can make it much easier by adding the line -q right after the /usr/bin/yellowsn0w line in /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.iphone-dev.yellowsn0w.plist (that's and advanced tip, hopefully someone will make a boosprefs type of tool for it) The -q option is now deprecated in 0.9.4+ (it's now always in quick mode, unless you use the -l option for long mode).


3. No PIN support yet. Remember how we said this was beta? Well we're still working out the flow for SIMs with PINs enabled. Please disable any PIN you may have on that SIM before trying yellowsn0w, for now.


4. The unlock will silently quit on anything other than baseband 02.28.00. It detects the wrong version and just quits to avoid any damage. Please double check your Modem Firmware setting in Settings->General->About.



5 comments

  1. Anonymous  

    January 7, 2009 at 1:07 PM

    It's working great with tmobile

  2. Anonymous  

    January 7, 2009 at 1:08 PM

    I update and don`t need to do more anything! Dev-Team, you`re the BEST!

  3. Anonymous  

    January 7, 2009 at 1:09 PM

    great, like the 9.6. it seems to turn on/off airplane mode at reboot. Great!
    Thank you for the hard work.
    Location: Curacao, Neth. Antilles.

  4. Anonymous  

    January 7, 2009 at 1:10 PM

    Nice Works With T-Mobile Here in Virginia USA. Thank A lot dev team. Havent noticed any problems yet.

  5. Anonymous  

    January 8, 2009 at 12:58 PM

    OK guys I just want to say thank you and you are truly geniuses, but being technically challenged newbie that I am I still need help with something if anyone could help. So basically I just heard about all of this and I jailbroke and unlocked my phone for the first time all in the last two days. 9.4 worked great then I downloaded a few apps, then upgraed to 9.5 and began to have problems....my main problem is when I switch to my phone mode, it doesn not allow me to view my recent call list or favorites, nothing and it does not stay on the phone screen it returns to the sb. So I upgraded to 9.6 today and the unlock works flawlessly but I am still having the same problem with the phone screen. I can call from my contacts but I can't hang up because I don't have the phone screen so it is very annoying. If I could get that working I would be overjoyed....any ideas. Not sure at this point if it is the unlock or an app that is causing the problem but I could sure use your help....thanks!



Recent Posts

Recommended Sites

  • Free BlackBerry Themes
  • Online Tech Tips